Current Job Postings
Hospice RN – Stoneleigh Residence – 12 Hour Shifts
$28 – $32 an hour
Job Description Summary
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs hospice care for the patients residing at Stoneleigh Residence. This nurse is responsible for overseeing the floor and providing direction to nursing assistants to ensure the patients (up to 8) at Stoneleigh Residence are given the highest quality care.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- Works with teammates. Supports and enhances teamwork.
- Understands the hospice levels of care and transitions patients into the various levels of care.
- Completes,maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician/NP regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians’ orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons and vendors to coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the other hospice Interdisciplinary Group Members.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice Interdisciplinary Team Members to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Supervises all personnel including ancillary staff including volunteers, hospice aides and orientees.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of nursing experience in a facility setting.
- Current licensure in State, CPR certification and valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and have an automobile that is insured in accordance with state law and is in good working order. Must not have more than three moving violations in the last three years.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills,basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping,bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 to $32.00 /hour
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- A valid CHPN certification (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- 12 Hour Shift
The successful candidate should possess:
- Valid Michigan RN license
- Valid Michigan driver’s license
- Critical thinking skills
- Compassion and kindness
- Previous hospice experience
- Previous experience working in or with long term care facilities
- Strong grasp of medication and alternative therapy management
- Ability to handle crisis situations, including home hospice admissions, pain/symptom management, and informational visits to families and patients who are seeking hospice care
- Nurse triage skills, providing person centered care
- Experience with documenting using electronic medical records software
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys collaborating with other team members and outside teams at facilities to provide exceptional patient care
- Customer-service oriented
Certified Nursing Assistant
The successful candidate must possess:
- Critical thinking skills and previous hospice expreience a plus
- Compassion and kindness
- Excellent team skills
- Must have the ability to work with a variety of health care disciplines
- Valid Michigan CNA license
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Valid Automobile Insurance